Justice, Solar, and Faith Advocates Release Sweeping Policy Roadmap
Trenton –Monday, December 9, 2019, justice, faith and solar advocates will join legislators, mayors, and government officials at the state capitol to introduce the New Jersey Equitable and Resilient Solar + Storage Policy Roadmap. The Roadmap outlines how New Jersey can help 250,000 low-income families go solar by 2030, and install 400 megawatts of storage with $125 million per year in state funding.
WHAT: Press event to introduce the New Jersey Equitable and Resilient Solar + Storage Policy Roadmap. Embargoed copies of the Roadmap available upon request. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- President Joseph Fiordaliso, New Jersey Board of Public Utilities
- Senator Troy Singleton (D), Chairman of Community and Urban Affairs Committee
- Assemblywoman Nancy Pinkin (D), Chairwoman of Environment and Solid Waste Committee
- Assemblyman John McKeon (D), Chairman of Financial Institutions and Insurance Committee
- Assemblyman Andrew Zwicker (D), Chairman of Science, Innovation and Technology Committee
- Mayor Reed Gusciora, Trenton
- Pari Kasotia, Mid-Atlantic Director, Vote Solar
- Kim Gaddy, Environmental Justice Organizer, Clean Water Action
- Luis Nasvytis Torres, Senior Legislative Representative, Earthjustice
- Kate Miguel, Clean Energy Advocate, Isles, Inc.
- Doug O’Malley, Environment New Jersey
- Nancy Griffeth, United Universalists Faith Action
WHEN: Monday, December 9 at 12pm.
WHERE: Statehouse Annex, Room 103, 125 W State Street, Trenton, NJ 08608
State leaders and community groups throughout New Jersey are working toward addressing the climate crisis, but without targeted action New Jersey’s low-income families and environmental justice communities will not realize their fair share of benefits from the growing clean energy economy. New Jersey needs a policy solution now that fills the gaps in existing and proposed plans that lack funding, enforcement measures, and the force of law.
Implementing the New Jersey Equitable and Resilient Solar + Storage Policy Roadmap will ensure that New Jersey’s low-income families get the strongest protections, incentives, and support to aid in a just and equitable transition to a clean energy future.